Sunday, October 15, 2006

No Pics Yet

Well I took LoraLei to the Sachse Fall Fest on Saturday. I must say I was a little disappointed. Sachse use to have a huge FallFest tons to eat, buy, and see. I figured with the growth the community has had and them moving it to the fancy new park (rather than the old ball fields) it would be even better. For the most part it was a disappointment: the booths: mostly Churches and Utility companies like Verizon or Green Mountain energy...umm 3 Jewerly booths mostly the same, and maybe a few craft booths. The only thing I was able to find that even tempted me was a booth that sold shopping cart covers ( not near as heavy duty as the one I bought on eBay) and then the Senior Center had cute flip flops and aprons...so I bought LoraLei and her daycare friends little aprons since they all like to mimic Mrs. Nette as she cooks. I am debating on waiting and giving them as Christmas gifts or what. The entertainment: Hmm what entertainment....there was 1 stage ( in the past they had 1 big and a few small) and it didn't seem as put together....the acts in the past where made highly visible and announced etc... and I felt terrible because people would be performing and there was no one watching because the stage was all the way in the back. Anyhow that is my bummed disappointment for what use to be a great past time looked forward to every year for anyone from that side of town.

No comments: