Okay,
Evidentally I have forgotten to update this for MONTHS...
I did start the Police Academy.
I'm currently in week 14 and as anyone who sees me personally ...it is trimming me up. LOL
I qualified on my pistol about 2 weeks ago and this week we start our reality based training...basically doing building searches at different locations with current officers and FTOs playing the bad guys and hiding from us etc... and we use semnuition(spelling??) rounds so basically you get shot with a paintball but it has a little more umph LOL....
LoraLei is being LoraLei...the wild child she is. She just turned 2 on the 21st. We had a little family gathering on the 16th....basically just cooked out hotdogs and chicken and what not and hung out with the fam. LoraLei had a blast with her cousins. She has really bonded with Tri and Cinthia and LOVES her Uncle Perry. He is "HER PERRY!!"
Life has been crazy wild with all the training...we have to train at the Academy and on our own time as well ( well if you want to pass you did to do it on your on time) and basically with every task it is the stressor ....Master it after very limited instruction time or you're out. Dallas has one of the best training programs in the Nation, however, it is so much to learn in such a limited time...however, I'd rather receive the training I do in the limited time...than not as many officers with other agencies receive VERY LITTLE training...and the training they are not receiving is the training that is supposed to save their lives in a bad situation.
Sorry there have not been any updates....many times I'm having to choose between ...eating,sleeping, and spending time with LoraLei vs...cleaning, computer stuff, and getting out. So needless to say I choose the essentials of LoraLei eat sleep and play in regards to LL.
Off to bed....I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO Tired and Sunburned and dehydrated and ....but well I'm getting skinnier and can run over 4 miles at a steady pace...may not be alot for some of you but considering 1 mile use to be agony for me and with in 7 weeks they had me upto 4 miles...that's some pretty good training if you ask me.

No comments:
Post a Comment